The Greenville Public Library offers the following services:
Computers and Internet
- Our library contains an adult computer lab with 18 computers and a children's computer lab with 6. We require our users to have a library card or photo ID. Printing is free up to 20 pages; beyond that, we ask for a donation to help cover print costs.
- Computer and Internet Use Policy
- Wireless internet is available for patrons who wish to use their own wireless capable devices.
- The Greenville Public Library contains over 100,000 items and has digital access to much more!
- Search our catalog
- The following links provide access to a wealth of information online.
- Ohio Web Library
- Greenville Public Library Postcard and Vakeck Stamp Exhibit
Inter Library Loans
- Our library has access to the SEO library consortium. This provides our patrons inter library loan access to many different library systems across Ohio. Contact the reference department to order materials outside of our currrent collection.
- We are also part of a statewide E-book program. This program provides access to thousands of digital books and other media.
- Search for E-books
- The Greenville Public Library's Genealogy Department contains over 2,000 genealogical books encompassing; census records, marriage records, plat maps, and local history. We have local newspapers dating back to 1850 on microfilm and Greenville school system yearbooks dating back to 1911. We also have access to websites such as ancestry.com. There is a small charge of $2.00 per genealogical request, though there is no charge to search our collection yourself. This material cannot be checked out, but copies can be made for $.25 a page.
- Contact us with your genealogical requests here
- Newspapers.com - (Must be accessed from library network)
- Ancestry Library Edition - (Must be accessed from library network)
- The extension service, provided by the Greenville Public Library, delivers library materials to local people and institutions that are unable to visit the library themselves. The extension service was formerly operated out of the Bookmobile, but with the retirement of the bookmobile we continue delivering library materials to those without access to the library. To request a scheduled extension service delivery, please contact our extension services department at the Greenville Public Library at 937-548-3915 ext. 216, or in person from 10:30 AM through 3:30 PM.